Important information for SAS faculty using Panopto for remote teaching
The Panopto video management system makes it easy to share videos with your class in Canvas. We encourage faculty to use Panopto recordings as part of their plan to teach remotely. Whether you want to create materials for one-time use or repeated use, the choice is yours.
- See the Quick-Start Guide and its supplemental video to use Panopto to create and post recordings on Canvas.
- See more detailed information about using Panopto to record and post presentations through Canvas.
• Students can view recordings at any time through a link on Canvas and can watch them more than once.
Typical uses for Panopto
Typical uses for Panopto will include:
- Pre-recorded lectures by instructors
- Posting other videos that the instructor would have played in class
- Student-created video projects
- Student presentations that would otherwise have been in class
Examples of good uses of Panopto
- CLCH 230 Week 1 Overview Video by Yvette Bordeaux
- The Missouri v Holland decision from PSCI 272 by Rogers Smith
Other useful Panopto features for remote teaching
- Embed Panopto Videos in your Canvas Pages
- Search inside your videos for any word spoken or shown on-screen with Smart Search
- Panopto Transcription and Captioning FAQ
- Create a Video Assignment in Panopto
Questions? Please see our Get Help for Remote Teaching page