This site is updated periodically. See What's New? on the Tools for Teaching page
Keep it simple
- Use tools that are already available at Penn and that you can manage effectively.
- Your students are taking several courses, so it will be easier for them if you stick to the tools that are familiar to students and supported by SAS Computing.
Get ready to use remote teaching tools
- Update your computer's operating system and web browsers. Consult your department's IT support as needed.
• Check the requirements for Canvas, Panopto and Zoom.
• See general guidance about getting your devices and connectivity ready for remote instructions.
- Learn to use Canvas, which has tools for holding discussions and administering quizzes remotely. Details are on our Tools for Teaching page.
• See our Best Practices page for suggestions on how to best use Canvas, Panopto and Zoom.
• See our Tools for Teaching page for details on Canvas, Panopto and Zoom.
Help is available
SAS Resource Hub for Fall 2020 Instructors
A consolidated collection of resources and guidance for SAS instructors. PennKey login required; access is restricted to SAS Instructors. https://canvas.upenn.edu/courses/1527238
CTL Workshops for Teaching Remotely
Remote Teaching Workshops
The SAS Online Learning team has live and recorded workshops that review basic operations for Canvas, Zoom, Panopto and other resources for teaching online. See their full schedule at
The following are pre-recorded sessions of these workshops
Use the Get Help link above