Arts & Sciences is now part of a University-wide Zoom account
- All SAS faculty, staff and students are eligible for Zoom accounts as of 8/12/20
- Create your account by visiting the Zoom login page
- See important information about using Zoom in Canvas
- See important information about securing Zoom meetings
Important information for SAS faculty using Zoom for remote teaching
- The Zoom Help Center provides lots of great information about how to use Zoom.
- Their general overview page provides a comprehensive list of topics you will want to know about.
- Zoom also provides live and recorded training sessions and tutorials.
On this page, we'll review some details about how SAS faculty can use Zoom to support remote teaching:
- Get started: create an account, login, install the Zoom program
- Students are eligible for Zoom accounts and encouraged to setup their accounts as soon as possible
- Typical uses for Zoom
- Schedule Zoom meetings and share recordings through Canvas
- Login at http://zoom.sas.upenn.edu Click the link that says, Click here to log in with your PennKey.
- If you didn't already have a Zoom account, one will be created automatically when you login.
- If you get a message saying that you are not eligible for a Zoom account, but you think you should be, please return to http://zoom.sas.upenn.edu and complete the form at the bottom of the page.
- You can run Zoom from your web browser, but we highly recommend using the Zoom program to get full functionality and best performance.
- For your computer: visit https://zoom.us/download and download the Zoom Client for Meetings at the top of the page. Review system requirements for Zoom.
- Zoom on Chromebooks
- Mobile devices: download and install Zoom apps for mobile devices from Apple App Store or Google Play.
- You can log into your SAS account through the Zoom app by clicking the Sign in with SSO button to the right on the log in screen
- In the next window, enter the company domain upenn
This will take you to a page to log in with your Pennkey. If you are already logged in with Pennkey to other systems (like Canvas), Zoom will skip this step and automatically log you in.
- Students can setup their Zoom accounts by visiting http://computing.sas.upenn.edu/zoom
Typical uses for Zoom will include:
- Office hours
- Class sessions
- Review sessions
- Impromptu meetings
- See the Top 5 Things to Know About Zoom in Canvas
- See detailed information about using Zoom in Canvas