It is important to identify students who may be having trouble staying connected to your course when teaching remotely.
Data available in Canvas can help you see who is active and who is not.
The New Analytics feature in Canvas helps you identify students who may be at risk and provides tools to help you communicate with them.
- If you are having trouble reaching a student, please submit a Course Problem Notice.
- The Canvas Instructor Guide provides detailed information on the New Analytics feature.
- The Data Table View in New Analytics provides a week-by-week breakdown of activity.
- You can compare performance of individual students against average values for the class or section as a whole.
- You can view data directly through Canvas or export for further analysis.
- You can contact students based on participation criteria.
- Download our Canvas Data Quick Start Guide v1.1.pdf for step-by-step guidance on simple ways to use Canvas data