Much of the software that was available in our campus labs is now available in the SAS vLab. See https://computing.sas.upenn.edu/remote-teaching/vlab for details.
SAS Computing Labs
SAS Computer Labs are open to all members of the Penn Community. A valid PennKey is required to log onto the workstations. Click on the links below for more information, including hours of operation. See below for a list of software available in these labs.
- MultiMedia Services Language Lab (Basement David Rittenhouse Labs) - 24 Windows 10 workstations, plus a teacher's station with projection.
- Undergraduate Data Analysis Lab (201 Perelman Center) - 20 Windows 10 workstations, plus a teacher's station with projection; printing
SAS Faculty or staff may schedule UDAL or MultiMedia Services labs for classes or other events by using our reservation form
Other labs & collaboration spaces available to SAS students
- The Penn Libraries David B. Weigle Information Commons in Van Pelt Library and Education Commons at Franklin Field offer study rooms and other collaboartion spaces.
- The Vitale Digital Media Lab has an extensive set of software for audio, video and web production.
- See a list of other labs and computing facilties in Penn Libraries
- Penn College Houses include a variet of spaces with late night availability.
|Maple - MAX 5 CONCURRENT USERS||2022|
|R/RStudio||Latest versions, updated upon release|
|IBM SPSS Statistics||28|
SAS Computer Labs
|Listening to and recording audio||Logitech USB headsets|
|Adobe Acrobat Reader||DC (Continuous Track)|
|VLC Media Player||Latest version, updated upon release|
|Windows Media Player||Latest version, updated with Microsoft Windows|
|Skype/Zoom for video teleconferencing (Lenovo M900z desktops have a built-in camera)||Latest version, updated upon release|
|Utilities and other applications||
SAS Computer Labs
|7-Zip file compression/decompression utility||21.00|
|Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Client||Latest release, packaged with Windows|
|Notepad++ text editor||Latest version, updated upon release|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Enterprise (21H2) x64|
|PDF Reader||Adobe Acrobat Reader DC|
|Word Processing and Presentation||