To complete this setup, you will need:
- Your Pennkey/PennO365 password
(If you do not recall your Pennkey password, go to the PennO365 Password Change page to reset it. Allow up to 3 minutes for this change to take effect.)
- Your 2-Step Verification device
(If different from the setup device)
If you previously used Apple's built-in Mail app on this device and have decided to switch to Outlook, please delete your existing PennO365 account configuration before proceeding with a new setup. No email will be lost in this process.
To configure your iPhone or iPad for PennO365 email and calendar in the Outlook app:
- If you already have Outlook for iOS installed on your device, skip to Step 3. Otherwise, launch the App Store.
- Download Microsoft Outlook from the App Store
- Open Outlook
- If this is your first time opening the app, you should be prompted to start adding an account. If not, go to Settings -> Add Mail Account and select Add Email Account.
- Enter your Email Address as: email@example.com (NOTE: no "sas" or other school/dept prefix) then tap Add Account
- Enter your Pennkey/PennO365 Password (If you do not recall your Pennkey password, cancel this setup and go to the PennO365 Password Change page to reset it. Allow up to 3 minutes for this change to take effect.) then tap Sign In
- You should be directed to the Penn Duo Security screen. Select your preferred method for two-step verification from the drop-down menu and check the Remember Me for 30 Days box before proceeding.
- Tap Maybe Later if asked to add another account
- You will be prompted whether you wish to Turn On notifications (you can change this preference in the app settings under Notifications)
- Allow some time for mail to sync fully with the app
If you encounter problems receiving mail or syncing calendars on your mobile device, you may be directed by your LSP to delete your older PennO365 account settings and reconfigure. No email will be lost in this process. See the instructions at the bottom of this page for how to remove an existing configuration before proceeding with a new setup.
To configure your iPhone or iPad for PennO365 email and calendar in iOS apps:
Launch the Settings app
Tap Passwords & Accounts and Add Account
Select Microsoft Exchange (may appear as Exchange or Office 365 on some devices)
Enter your Email as: firstname.lastname@example.org (NOTE: no "sas" or other school/dept prefix)
Accept the default name for this account in Description (Exchange) or edit as you prefer (e.g., "UPenn") and tap Next
When prompted to Sign in to your "upenn.edu" Exchange account using Microsoft, select Sign In
Enter your Pennkey/PennO365 password in the Microsoft window and tap Sign in to verify your account
(If you do not recall your email password, cancel this setup and go to the PennO365 Password Change page to reset it. Allow up to 3 minutes for this change to take effect.)
Your password should only be entered in the official Microsoft sign in window as pictured above. If you are prompted for your password (or any additional manual settings, such as server) in a different window during the configuration process, please cancel the setup and try again (make sure you are entering your email as email@example.com). If problems persist, please contact your LSP.
You should be directed to the Penn Duo Security screen. Select your preferred method for two-step verification from the drop-down menu and check the Remember Me for 30 Days box before proceeding.
Accept the permissions requested for the app
Once successfully verified, you will be prompted to choose the features you wish to sync. By default, your PennO365 Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders and Notes information will synchronize with iPhone/iPad. Below is a description of these options:
- Mail: This is needed to access your email
- Contacts: Only check this if you want your contacts comingled with your phone contacts
- Calendars: Check this if you want to see your PennO365 Account in the iOS Calendar
- Reminders: This works with tasks in Outlook
Tap Save to complete the setup process
If prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode for your device. A passcode is required to access Penn email and calendar. You can also set a passcode later in the device Settings under Touch ID & Passcode (mail will sync to your device once this security feature has been set).
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap Passwords & Accounts
- Select your PennO365 account under Accounts
- Tap Delete Account
- If prompted whether you wish to remove additional information associated with this account (Contacts, Calendars, Reminders or Notes) from your device, select Delete (these will be restored when the account is reconfigured).
- Depending upon the volume of data, it may take several minutes for the deletion process to complete
- Once the account is removed, please proceed with re-adding the account above